OKOLONA – Carrie Moore, 73, died Monday, Feb. 11, 2013, in Racine, Wis. She was born Jan. 15, 1940, in Pontotoc to John and Clara Black. She served as a Jehovah Witness for over 40 years. In May 4, 1992, she united in Holy wedlock to the late Charles Moore. She enjoyed worshiping Jehovah, thrift stores, cooking, yard sales and spending quality time with her family.
Service will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Agnew and Sons Funeral Home in Verona, with discourse by Elder Elliott Hall.
Survivors include, two sons, Freddie (Linda) Hatchett and Lee Coleman; three daughters, Clara (Joe) Peet of Tupelo, Sharlene (Vernell) Carr and Carolyn Lynn; five stepchildren, Charles (Christine) Moore, Bennie (Cherrie) Moore, Sharon (Billy) Harris, Frankie Moore and Anthony (Sonya) Moore; 18 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; two sisters, Minnie (Charlie) Shelley of Sherman and Clara Hill of Saltillo; and a host of other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Charles Moore; two brothers, Edward Hurd and Jessie Black; one son, Johnny B. Hatchett; and one son in-law Dennis Lynn.
Visitation is noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago