RANDOLPH – Winston Glenn “Blue” Quarles, 84, died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Inpatient Hospice in Tupelo. He was a retired auto/tractor parts manager. He was a deacon and member of Hopewell Primitive Baptist Church, but attended Bethany Primitive Baptist Church in recent years. He was a veteran of the Korean War, serving stateside. An avid gardener, he was a loving husband, father, grandfather and friend.
Services will be at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Elder Larry Wise will officiate. Burial will follow in the Glasgow Cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife of 57 years, Modean Steward Quarles; son, Ronald Quarles (Alecia) of Pontotoc; daughters, Cathy Quarles of Randolph, Sandra Wise (Larry) of Randolph and Debra Clayton (Lewis) of Blue Springs; grandchildren, Sgt. Jacob Quarles FOB Fenty, Afghanistan, Elizabeth Quarles, Jonathan Wise (Paige), David Wise, Joseph Wise and Allison Clayton; one great-grandchild, Connor Quarles; brothers-Gene Quarles (Nell) and L.D. Quarles (Elaine); sisters, Jewell Holley (Dean) and Dorothy Maxey.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Willie and Lillian Glen Quarles, and two brothers, Billy Wayne Quarles and J.C. Quarles.
Pallbearers will be Tim Quarles, Randy Quarles, William Holcomb, David Wise, Joseph Wise and Mark Holley.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- CARA CHISOLM: There is a reason for Memorial Day May 29, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago