WEST POINT – James L. Davidson, 82, passed away Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013, at at his home. He was born July 4, 1930, in West Point, to Essie Hazlewood and Jesse Thomas Davidson. He worked in the Accounting Department at Babcock and Wilcox Company for 40 years and was a member of First Christian Church. He loved to hunt and killed an eight point buck during last year’s season. He loved spending time with his grandchildren. A veteran of U.S. Army National Guard, having served during Korean War, he married Judy Wright Davidson March 3, 1956, in Columbus.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Monday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Kirby Loyd officiating. Burial will follow in Palestine Cemetery in Montpelier.
Survivors include his wife, Judy Wright Davidson of West Point; daughter, Marsha Lynn Langford (Richard) of Tupelo; one son, Charles T. Davidson of West Point; his daughter-in-law, Kay Thompson Davidson of Pheba; two grandchildren, Jacob Thomas Davidson and Amber Michelle Langford; one sister, Dena Beth Lawson (Bobby) of Woodstock, Ala.; and one brother, Jesse Donald Davidson (Charlotte) of New Albany.
He was preceded in death by his son, Mark Davidson; and his parents.
Pallbearers will be Lynwood Prescott, Tommy Henley, Dennis Lang, Billy Young, Robert D. Lawson, Tracy Davidson, Benny Clark and Barry Sansing. Honorary pallbearers will be Norwood Clark, John Lester, John Ralph Hazelwood, Wiley Lang, Ron Schmidt, Harold Keller, Charles Orman, Dr. Andrew Wartak, Dr. Andrew H. Kellum, Dr. T. N. Braddock, Dr. Charles G. Pigott, Dr. Robert Howland and the Hardee’s Breakfast Group.
Visitation is 12:30 to 2 p.m. Monday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to Palestine Cemetery Care Fund, c/o Jim Murray, 18515 Hwy 46, Pheba, MS 39755 or to First Christian Church, P. O. Box 208, West Point, MS 39773.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago