LOCAL FOCUS: Bargain Warehouse
Service after the sale is more than a slogan at Bargain Warehouse in Houston.
Robert, Linda and Benny Goza are quick to point out you can buy appliances and electronics just about anywhere, but getting someone to fix one when it breaks is almost impossible.
“We’ve always said we sell the best and service the rest,” said Linda Goza. “Now days, getting someone to stand behind their product is not that easy.”
Bargain Warehouse actually services what it sells and is glad to take a look at your stove, refrigerator, washer or dryer. They only service those electronic devices that they sell.
Charles Jennings is Bargain Warehouse’s Service Technician. The business also is a longtime community supporter and currently employs Houston School System co-op student Jacob Bridgman to learn a little about retail business and help with the heavy-lifting.
Robert and Linda Goza bought Lewis Furniture and Appliance in 1952.
“My parents taught me service before the sale makes the sale,” said Benny Goza. “They taught me that service after the sale is what keeps them coming back.”
Goza said Bargain Warehouse has lots of third- and fourth-generation customers.
“We’ve got great-grandchildren who come in and say they can remember us delivering a washer or dryer to their grandparents home,” said Goza. “We work hard to keep those customers. And it all goes back to service.”
Bargain Warehouse starts with name-brand, quality products such as Crossley, Frigidaire appliances, LG electronics and Serta mattresses.
Bargain Warehouse has been a certified Frigidaire dealer for more than 60 years.
“This part of the state takes a lot of pride in manufacturing furniture and we have always tried to sell those items,” said Goza. “We offer solid-wood living room furniture and bedroom suits in lots of colors and styles.
“I think people might be surprised as the variety of furniture, appliances and electronics we have on the showroom floor,” he added. “We just urge people to shop here first.”
Local Focus is a regular business feature of the Chickasaw Journal. Locally owned businesses wanting to be included in Local Focus should call the Chickasaw Journal at 456-3771.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago