George T. Hodge
PONTOTOC – George T. Hodge, 88, died Monday, Feb. 4, 2013, at Sunshine Rest Home. He grew up in Tippah County, moving to Pontotoc County in 1940. He was a farmer and a school bus driver, and he ran a country store at Randolph. For 20 years he was in the used car business with his son. He was a Christian man who loved to serve the Lord.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc with Bro. Gerald Finley, Bro. Wayne Cobb and Bro. Chip Johnson officiating. Burial will be in Randolph Cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife of 70 years, Frances; daughters, Shirley (John Lee) Pickens and Patty (John) Williams; daughter-in-law, Sharon Hodge; caregiver, Clara Nix; granddaughter and caregiver, Donna Stewart; three granddaughters, Tina Clark, Amanda Berryhill and Jennifer Russell; grandsons, Mike Pickens, Bobby Pickens and Rivers Hodge; 14 great-grandchildren, five great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Cletus Hodge; and a sister, Vera McDonald.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Tom and Missouri Hodge; sons, Jerry Hodge and Jimmy Hodge; brother, Hubert Hodge; and sisters, Lorene Alexander, Tressie Gitter and Eunice Vuncannon.
Pallbearers will be grandsons, Rivers Hodge, Mike Pickens, Bobby Pickens, Rob Stewart, David Clark and Gene Gitter.
Honorary pallbearers will be Charles Cowsert, Gearld Waldrop, Grover Warren, Charles Fowler, Danny Lucius and Gene Leopard.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Wednesday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago