CALHOUN CITY – Myrl Bounds Owen, 93, died Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services. She was born Nov. 2, 1919, at Charleston, to Timothy Monthree Bounds and Clara Boland Bounds. She was a retired seamstress and worked at Calhoun Garment Co. and Selective Service Secretary. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Calhoun City.
Services are at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Jimmy Vance officiating. Interment is at Calhoun City Cemetery.
She is survived by her son, Danny Lynn (Wanda) Owen of Oxford; grandson, Jason Potts; and great-grandchildren, Kaitlin, Megan and Andrew.
She was preceded in death by her husband, J.A. Owen; parents; two sisters, Armarie Galloway and Earle C. Hensley; and brother, Charles Finley Bounds.
Pallbeares are Jimmy Coker, Doug Brown, Keith Taylor, Jimmy Cole, Mike Sutton and Daniel Lee. Honorary pallbearers are Henry Lackey, Joe Goforth, Lenon White, Wayne Harmon, Rupert Lunceford and Lee Harrelson.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago