BRUCE – Christopher Dee Armstrong Taylor, 17, died Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 7, 1995, in Oxford.
He was a 10th grade honor roll student at Bruce High School and No. 15 on the football team. He was a member of Faith Baptist Church, Boy Scouts of America and the Sons of Confederate Veterans. He was a member of the Bruce High School Drama Club and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce with Bro. Bob Weldon officiating and Bro. James Taylor assisting. Burial will be in Haven Hill/Melton Cemetery at Coffeeville.
Survivors include his father, Christopher Louis Armstrong of Big Creek; his mother, Melissa Taylor Gray, and stepfather, Roderick Gray, of Bruce; one sister, Jami Sierra Taylor of Bruce; niece, Talia Stovall of Bruce; grandparents, Charlotte Armstrong, Walter (Betty Harper) Armstrong, the Rev. James and Linda Taylor, and Rod and Alberta Armstrong, all of Pittsboro; two uncles, Jimmy (Melissa ) Taylor of Bruce and Malcolm Williams of Atlanta, Ga.; one aunt, Stephanie (Scotty) Bardo of Coffeeville; first cousins, Breanna Taylor and Amyiah Bardo, both of Coffeeville, JimiAnn Taylor of Smithville; godparents, Jerry and Annie Doss of Coffeeville; godbrother, Sinatra Crawford of Coffeeville; and godsisters, Jereese Armstrong of Memphis, Yasmin Doss of Coffeeville.
Pallbearers will be Scottie Bardo, Greyson Denley, Shaun Hidalgo, Kalvin Hooper, Ritchie Logan, Chris Sansing, Casey Tutor and Malcum Williams. Honorary pallbearers will be Bruce High School Football Team.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Make all memorials to Parker Memorial Funeral Homes. P.O. Box 458. Bruce, MS 38915.
Online condolences may be made at www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago