NETTLETON – Arnold “Monty” Woolven, 75, died Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Oct. 15, 1937, in Labette County, Kan., to Arnold Keene and Etta Mae Hamilton Woolven. He was a native of Oswego, Kan., but had resided in Lee County for the past 30 years.
He was a U.S. Navy Veteran of the Korean War. He was a retired mandage of the private John Allen Fish Hatchery in Tupelo as a Fishery Biologist, in which he received a master’s degree from Mississippi State University. He was a Methodist, a Shriner and a 32nd Degree Mason. He enjoyed riding his Harley Davidson motorcycle, going fishing and rabbit hunting.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Chapel of Tisdale-Lann Memorial Funeral Home in Nettleton with the Rev. Mike Hunter and the Rev. Ricky Pierce officiating. Burial will be in Homeside Cemetery with Masonic Rites.
Survivors include his wife, Terri Stephenson Woolven of Nettleton; one daughter, Monica Woolven of Nettleton; two stepdaughters, Christy Berryhill (Jody) of Nettleton and Stephanie Riley of Okolona; four sons, Kelly Woolven (Denise), Mike Woolven (Tobie), all of Nettleton, Jeff Woolven (Mindy) of Redland, Calif., and Joe Woolven (Dawn) of Horn Lake; one sister, Diane Dyche (Ed) of Estes Park, Colo.; one half-brother, Paul Woolven of Joplin, Mo.; 13 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his first wife, Connie Sue Woolven; and his parents.
Palbearers will be Cotton Johnson, Sonny Lyons, Randy Snipes, Jody Berryhill, Cole Cochran and Mike Franks. Honorary pallbearers will be Roger Fields and Royce Wood.
Visitation is 5 to 8 p.m. today and will continue noon until service time Tuesday at the funeral home.
Family and friends may sign the guest registry and send condolences to www.tisdalelannmemorial.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago