BANNER – James Lafayette Huckaby, 82, died Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Oxford. He was born May 3, 1930, in Lafayette County. He was a retired business owner and a member of Driver’s Flat Baptist Church.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Driver’s Flat Baptist Church with Bro. Stacy Watkins officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include two daughters, Dianne (David) Huckaby Webb of Oxford and Barbara Huckaby Adams of Water Valley; two sons, David Ernest (Wendy) Huckaby of Paris and Michael Brent Carlisle (Jennifer) Huckaby of Memphis; three sisters, Addie Mae Pollan of Paris, Lucy Swanson of Oxford and Janette Dunaway of Huntsville, Ala.; two brothers, Charles Huckaby of Banner and William Huckaby of Paris; 11 grandchildren, Bobby Wayne Huckaby of Oxford, Angela Huckaby of Oxford, Melissa Huckaby of Faribault, Minn., Cynthia Huckaby of Faribault, Minn., Terry Wayne Crow of Vancleave, Jennifer Adams of Vancleave, Andy Crow of Oxford, Valera Webb of Chicago, Ill.., Janice Webb Fulton of Jackson, David Huckaby Jr. and Daniel Huckaby of Oxford ; and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Lonnie Ernest Huckaby and Dovie Mae Clifton Huckaby; two sons, James Lafayette Huckaby Jr. and Johnny Wayne Huckaby; a sister; Johnnie Merle Reynolds; and a brother, Lonnie Huckaby.
Pallbearers will be Andy Crow, Terry Crow Jr., Bobby Huckaby, Daniel Huckaby, David Huckaby Jr., and Edward Huckaby.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 23, at the funeral home. The body will lie in state one hour prior to service Thursday at the church.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 3, Chickasaw Journal.
Online condolences may be made at Condolences may be made at www.parkermemorilafunerlahomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago