VARDAMAN – Letha Cherry Long, 98, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born March 6, 1914, in Waterloo, Ala. She was a member of New Hope Baptist Church, a homemaker and a farmer.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at New Hope Baptist Church in Vardaman with Bro. Johnny Cherry officiating and Bro. Robert Earl Alexander and Bro. J.R. Eaton assisting. Burial will be in Elzey Cemetery in Vardaman. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Vardaman is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include three daughters, Betty Sue Johnson of Vardaman, Christine Clements and husband, George of Calhoun City, and Rose McCluskey and husband, Bryant of Vardaman; two sons, Edward Earl Long of Vardaman and David E. Cherry and wife, Thelma of Houston; 17 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; and eight great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, John Russell and Rosie Lee Gibbs Cherry; her husband, Z.L. Long; one daughter, Louise Vance; two sisters, Mable Austin and Viola McDaniel; and three grandchildren, Mary Elizabeth Vance, John Frank Vance, and Reible Wayne Vance.
Pallbearers will be Jerry Brasher, Marty Criddle, Bryan Allen Long, James David Long, Larry Long and Craig McCluskey
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home in Vardaman. The body will lie in state one hour prior to service time Wednesday at the church.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago