Showing their spirit
Cristin Cook serves as HHS mascot “Harley the Hilltopper” and was invited to participate in the All-American mascot clinic in Orlando following her performance at cheer camp last summer.
Cook was joined by friend and fellow cheer squad member, Allison Pounds for the journey to the Sunshine State. She attended mascot clinics for three morning and on the fourth day, Jan. 1, the group performed at the Capital One Bowl.
During her downtime, Cook and Pounds visited Disney World.
“It was a wonderful experience that I hope to do again,” Cook said. “Now I have friends from lots of places.”
Leigh Ellen Kilgore and Alissa Eaton tried out for the All-American cheer squad while a camp, performing a dance, cheer and jump, and both were chosen to participate in the annual New Year’s parade in London.
The two Houston girls joined 1,200 cheerleaders from across the United States to perform in the parade and had plenty of time to tour during their eight-day stay in the United Kingdom.
“We visited the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Windsor Castle, the London Eye, Trafalgar Square and Abbey Road,” said Leigh’s mother, and HHS cheerleading sponsor, Lori Kilgore.
Lori Kilgore said the two girls enjoyed shopping, navigating the Tube (subway) and touring various points of interest.
“They made friends with cheerleaders from all over the United States,” Kilgore said.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago