Mary Dendy Brand
CEDAR BLUFF – Mary Rose Dendy Brand, 63, died Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-GT, in Columbus. A resident of the Cairo community, she was born March 25, 1949, in Anchor community in Chickasaw County to Jewel Lorene Dendy and Ellis Adron Dendy. She married Lonnie Edgar Brand on Aug. 22, 1970, at Bethel Baptist Church. She worked as the lifestyle editor for the Daily Times Leader for 30 years. She was a member of Enon Baptist Church.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with the Brother Danny Avery officiating. Burial will follow in Bethel Cemetery in Houston.
Survivors include her husband, Lonnie E. Brand of Cedar Bluff; one son, Heath Brand (Sheila) of West Point; two grandchildren, Parker Brand and Noah Brand; her mother-in-law, Mary Dye Brand of Cedar Bluff; one sister, Julie McMullen (Sam Thrash) of Columbus; two brothers, Marion E.”Punk” Dendy (Gaye) of West Point, Lamar Dendy (Cora) of Mantee; all her brothers and sisters-in-law, Billy W. Brand, Bobby Brand (Pat), Roger Brand (Tracy), Linda Brand Dendy, Jean Dendy, and Becky Dendy; and a number of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by three brothers Pete Dendy, Phil Dendy and Thomas “T. A.” Dendy, and two sisters, Joyce Dendy Eaton and Josephine Dendy; and a nephew, Billy Wayne Eaton.
Pallbearers will be Larry Smith, Jimmy Smith, Shane Lamkin, Robbin Morris, Bobby Brand and Jason Walker.Honorary pallbearers will be Billy W. Brand, Roger D. Brand, Buddy Griggs, Brian Griggs, Mrs. Mildred Millsaps, Dale Hamlin, Tommy Summerall, Dr. T. N. Braddock, Mrs. Christine Henley, and all her former co-workers at the Daily Times Leader.
Memorials may be made to Sally Kate Winters Family Services, P.O. Box 1233, West Point, MS 39773-1233.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 23, Chickasaw Journal.
Visitation will be 5 until 8 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago