LISA VOYLES: Bout with the bug
If you’ve had it, I sympathize, and if you haven’t, try to keep it that way.
I’m not normally a sickly person so I was kind of surprised it caught up with me, but it did. It put me down to a complete halt Wednesday, home in bed, stop, do not pass “Go.”
But Thursday morning, I was feeling much better, but still not 100 percent and didn’t want to bring any germs back into the public, so I spent another day at home.
I’m not at my house much on the weekdays and I made a discovery.
Daytime television is not for me.
After the news, it goes into talk shows, one after the other. This is just my own personal preference, but I really don’t care about small claims court and all that baby mama drama.
If you don’t know how to throw a shiftless human out of your house, I can’t help you. And if you don’t know who the baby’s daddy is, you don’t look good on television admitting it to the world.
There is one thing I found daytime television good for – inspiring me to clean house.
Once I gave up on TV, I just didn’t have much else to do but look at the cobwebs on the ceiling, so that’s where I started.
Of course, once I swept the ceiling, moldings and walls clean, the whole house was covered in dust. It looked like a tornado had come through.
I stood there and surveyed the damage and made my decision.
Yep, it was on like Donkey Kong.
My mother came by to check on me and found me standing in a chair, removing globes from the ceiling fans to wash them.
It took all day – with a break at 2 p.m. for Jeopardy, of course – but what a difference a day makes!
I did fall at the last fence and didn’t get the windows done, but I felt pretty good about the work I did complete. Between the Lysol and bleach, I don’t think a germ could survive and I’m about two months ahead on spring cleaning.
I made it back to work Friday and not a minute too soon. I was exhausted and just couldn’t face another day with the old mop bucket.
Of course, we tracked in mud and wet leaves all weekend and now it’s threatening ice and snow, but that’s just part of a Mississippi winter.
Hoping for a relatively nice week for everyone despite what Mother Nature throws our way.
Lisa Voyles is Managing Editor/Sports for the Chickasaw Journal. She can be reached at 456-3771 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago