CALHOUN CITY – Emma Joyce Holloway Kirk, 79, died Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, at Calhoun Health Service. She was born Dec. 13, 1933, in Hardin County, Tenn. She was a homemaker and a member of Duncan Hill Baptist Church, the Women’s Auxiliary and the American Legion.
Services will be at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 16, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City with the Rev. Buford Usry, the Rev. Tony Curtis and the Rev. Lynn Hughes officiating. Burial will be in Duncan Hill Cemetery in Derma.
Survivors include two daughters, Patricia Joyce Lyles of Gastonia, N.C., and Pamela Monette Trebbel of Coffeeville; four sons, Dr. Ricky Wayne (Lady Frances) Holloway of Eupora, Christopher Boyd (Patsy) Holloway of Baldwyn, Edward Earl (Jackie) Kirk of New Albany and Franklin Ottis Drew (Betty) Kirk of Water Valley; 16 grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her first husband, Marvin L. Holloway; her second husband, Eddie Ottis Kirk; a daughter, Tamasina Sue Holloway Rogers; her parents, William Clellon Hughes and Rejina Grace Smith Hughes; two sisters, Anna Loyd Hughes Smith and Flora Joan Hughes Chrestman; two brothers, William Clevis Hughes and Raymond Clellon Hughes.
Pallbearers will be Eddie “Bubba” Kirk, Jason Kirk, Ben Kirk, Christopher Marvin Holloway, James Carl Lyles, Anthony Benjamin Curtis and Johnathan Titus Curtis.
Honorary pallbearers will be James Nabors, Albert Lee “Butch” Walls, Donald Gary Walls, Mickey Lee Walls, Mark Douglas Walls and Tim Walls.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- Moore signs with Miss. Delta CC May 30, 2016
- Houlka presents summer programs May 30, 2016
- CARA CHISOLM: There is a reason for Memorial Day May 29, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago