HOUSTON – Jewell “Mama Jewell” Wofford Pepper, 96, died Friday, Jan. 11, 2013, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. She was born Nov. 28, 1916, in Chickasaw County, to Robin Wofford and Maggie Scott Wofford Nov. 28, 1916. She was married to William E. Pepper in 1934. She was a loving mother and grand mother. She loved cooking and quilting for her family. She was a faithful member of Parkway Baptist Church in Houston.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, at Parkway Baptist Church with Bro. Randy Rinehart and Bro. Carl Morris officiating. Burial will be in the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Webster County. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by one son, Billy W. Pepper (Louise) of Houston; five grandchildren, Donna Wright (Wesley), Billy “Buddy” Pepper, both of Houston, Bobby Pepper of Sherman, Randy Pepper (Sylvia) of Van Vleet and Linda Cornwell (Tim) of Fredricksburg, Va.; eight great-grandchildren, Brandy Cook (Tim), Dane Wright (Nikki), Phillip Pepper, Samantha Pepper, Andy Pepper (Laura), Amber Pepper(Mitchell), Michael Cornwell (Christene) and Amelia Brown (Michael); five great-great-grandchildren, Lindsay Cook, Jordan Cook, Carrie Byers, Jaxon Wright and Khylur Gray; and a host of nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her parents; husband, William Edward Pepper; one son, Joe Leon Pepper; three sisters, Lila King, Bobbie Kendrick and her twin sister Julia Dill; three brothers, Leon Wofford, Scott Wofford and Jesse Wofford.
Pallbearers will be her grandsons and great grandsons.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- Rain doesn’t stop Relay May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago