Inez R. Ogg
OKOLONA – Inez Roden Ogg, 97, died at her residence in the Chalk Bluff Community of Okolona after a long, wonderful and blessed life. Mrs. Inez was born in Forrest County, on July 8, l915, to P.G. “Percy” and Kathryn Roden. She lived most of her life afterwards in Chickasaw County and graduated from Egypt High School. A master seamstress professionally and personally, she spent many years working at Futorian Furniture and Delta Trousers in Okolona. She and her husband were the longtime owners of the Depot Grocery where she was a storekeeper and trusted friend to many. A longtime member of the First Baptist Church of Okolona, Mrs. Inez enjoyed sewing, crocheting, gardening, crossword puzzles and reading her Bible. She was a consummate conversationalist who loved her family, her community, her Church and God and all His creation and children.
A celebration of life will be at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, at the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors with Dr. Roy McHenry and her grandson, William Harold Ogg Jr. officiating. Burial will be in Boone’s Chapel Cemetery. Holland Funeral Directors, Okolona Chapel is entrusted with arrangements.
Survivors include her daughter, Betty Jo Sullivan of Okolona; three grandchildren, Garry Wayne Sullivan of Okolona, Jerry Clyde Sullivan of Columbus and William Harold Ogg Jr. and wife, Kay of Shannon; her great-grandchildren, William David Ogg, Sarah Mackinzie Ogg, Richard Jeffrey Sullivan (Jennifer Runnels), Garry Dixon Sullivan (Alli) and James Clyde “Jamie” Sullivan (Audrey); her great-great-grandchildren, Jenna Beth Sullivan, Hannah Claire Sullivan, Ellie Anna Sullivan and Richard Jackson Sullivan; her daughter in law, Martha Ann Ogg Williams of Okolona; and her loyal caregiver, Shirley Willis of Aberdeen.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, William H. Ogg; her son, William Harold Ogg; a son-in-law, Charles M. Sullivan; and seven siblings.
Pallbearers will be William Harold Ogg Jr., William David Ogg, Garry Dixon Sullivan, James Clyde “Jamie” Sullivan, Richard Jeffrey Sullivan and Jimmy Rappe. Honorary pallbearer will be her great-great-grandson, Richard Jackson Sullivan.
Visitation will be at 2 p.m. until service time Sunday, Jan. 13.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago