Girl Scouts kick off cookie season
Girl Scouts are taking orders from Saturday through Jan. 28. Cookies will then arrive between Feb. 16 and Feb. 21. Booth sales will begin Feb. 22 and run through March 17, but the community is urged to order cookies now and not wait for sales in front of local stores.
This year, Girl Scouts of the USA is celebrating the release of a new cookie box design. To celebrate, Feb. 8 has been designated National Girl Scout Cookie Day. The goal of this day will be to raise awareness of the five skills that Girl Scouts gain through the cookie program: Goal Setting, Decision Making, Money Management, People Skills and Business Ethics.
“The Girl Scout Cookie Program supports girls in their development of leadership skills and so much more,” said Jenny Jones, GSHS Director of Marketing and Communications. “We want to thank everyone for supporting the girls as they begin this year’s program. Every time you support girls through the Girl Scout Cookie Program, you are increasing girls’ abilities to make the world a better place in your own community.”
The Girl Scouts will again be offering the “Savannah Smiles” cookie, which debuted in 2012 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of GSUSA. Other cookie offerings include the traditional varieties: Thin Mints, Samoas, Do-Si-Dos, Tagalongs, Trefoils, Dulce de Leche and Thank You Berry Munch. Find your local Girl Scout Cookie Professional (Girl Scout) at GirlScoutCookies.org to order your favorite Girl Scout Cookies. Girl Scout Cookies are priced the same as last year at $3.50 per box.
All proceeds raised through the Girl Scouts Heart of the South Council cookie program remain within the council and help to facilitate the needs of local Girl Scout troops. Buy cookies. Support girls.
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. Girl Scouts Heart of the South encompasses 59 counties in east Arkansas, north Mississippi and west Tennessee. The combined membership is approximately 12,000 girls served with the help of over 3,500 volunteers. The headquarters are located in Memphis, Tennessee, at 717 S. White Station Road. To find out more, visit them online at www.girlscoutshs.org.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago