Two arrested for robbery in Vardaman
Vardaman Police Chief Kenny Scott said two Jackson residents had come to Vardaman to work and became acquainted with their victim, but apparently turned on him and robbed him of two cellphones and his wallet.
“The victim was 74-years-old and he didn’t know these guys real well,” said Scott. “There was some kind of altercation and they jumped him and beat him up pretty bad. He was transported to Tupelo hospital with head trauma and was in the hospital a couple of days.”
Scott said James Cody Bourgeois, 18, and his uncle, Ronald Potter, 36, both of Jackson, have been charged with burglary and are in the Calhoun County Jail, each under $25,000 bond.
“From what we have been able to determine, the robbery occurred about 7 p.m., at a home on Richards Street,” said Scott. “They knocked the victim unconscious and after he woke up he crawled to a neighbor’s house and they called us.”
Scott said Officer Dewayne Winter initially responded to the call. Potter was arrested about 9 p.m. at a home on County Road 450. Bourgeois was arrested in Vardaman about 5 p.m. Monday.
Scott said the victim was beat unconscious with a can of food.
“I was glad we were able to make these arrests so quickly,” said Scott. “I want to thank the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Department for helping us with this case.”
Scott said the incident is still under investigation, but no more arrests are expected.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago