HLES teams up with 4H
“The purpose of this event was to reward those boys and girls who did not get an ODR second nine weeks. We also hoped to motivate those who did receive a referral to try harder during the next nine weeks,” said Lauren James, HLES second grade teacher and mini-rodeo event coordinator.
James, along with other members of the Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) team at HLES, as well as Beverly James, Houston vo-tech principal; Angie Abrams,4-H Program Associate; Scott Cagle, 4-H County Director; and 4-H student members, Nicole Abrams and Shelby Abrams put on the no-ODR event.
The mini-rodeo consisted of a flag presentation, national anthem and barrel racing. Students also visited different stations, learning about 4-H, Future Farmers of America (FFA), and the responsibility of caring for animals.
“A personal goal of mine was to motivate students to join 4-H and/or FFA when they are old enough,” Lauren James said. “Both organizations provide many opportunities for students to prove themselves academically and socially, and they also reinforce the same expectations that we at HLES do every day, to be respectful, responsible, and ready.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago