Ole Miss recruiting Houston’s Chris Jones
“It’s been exciting,” said Jones. “You get to relate to some of those guys, see what they’re like.”
The 6-foot-7, 255-pounder is spending the week in Florida but the talk Wednesday wasn’t about where Jones is this week. It quickly became about where he will be next season.
Jones is considered by many to be Mississippi State’s strongest verbal commitment.
“You know, you never know what the future brings, but I’m still with Mississippi State,” Jones said.
He confirmed he got an offer from in-state rival Ole Miss on Tuesday.
Nkemdiche said Ole Miss remains his top choice, followed by LSU and Florida.
Conner has his own options, MSU and Ole Miss among them. He plans to announce his college choice live on ESPN during Friday’s game. Alabama and Auburn remain in the hunt.
Jones said he has been trying to get Conner to join him at Mississippi State.
“I’ve kind of got a feeling where he’s going but I ain’t going to say it just yet,” Jones said, then laughed. “I know where he’s going. Me, him and Nkemdiche, we’re really tight. I’m 85 percent sure (where they’re going). Give me $50, I’ll tell you.”
The trio got a good laugh out of the joke but it’s a topic that won’t go away until national signing day in February.
Nkemdiche, whose older brother Denzel has become a star linebacker at Ole Miss, has already de-committed from Clemson. He admitted a package deal isn’t out of the question.
“We always talk about (recruiting). We have a little something in the bag,” Nkemdiche said. “We’re not saying too much right now but we talk about recruiting.”
Visit nemisspreps.com for video and latest info on Under Armor Bowl.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago