MEMPHIS – Carol Wayne Bond, 85, died Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012, at Methodist Hospital East in Germantown, Tenn. He was born Dec. 7, 1927, in Sarepta. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II and a member of First Baptist Church of Hickory Withe. He was a retired chemical operator for Velsicol Chemical Co. of Memphis.
Services will be at noon Thursday, Jan. 3, at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church in Bruce. Bro. Eddie Little will officiate, and Dr. Kerry Bond and Bro. Kevin Chrestman will assist. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Maveline Chrestman Bond of Memphis; two sons, Philip Bond of Memphis and Dr. Kerry (Zel) Bond of Knoxville, Tenn.; a brother, Zerrel Thomas Bond of Bruce; five grandchildren, Casey (Kevin) McDaniel of Memphis and Devon (Jason) Elkins, both of Memphis, and Wesleigh Bond, Alexandra Bond and Nigel Bond, all of Knoxville, Tenn.; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, James Nelson Bond and Mary Deamie Logan Bond, and a son, James Author Bond.
Pallbearers will be Nigel Bond, Tony Bond, Colt Chrestman, Josh Elkins, Benjamin Jeffreys, Kevin McDaniel, Bill Smith and Jason White.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 9, Chickasaw Journal.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until noon Thursday at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago