VARDAMAN – Daniel Aven “Dan” Hendrix, 58, went to his Heavenly Home on Dec. 29, 2012. He was born April 16, 1954, in Calhoun City, the son of Charles Paul and Agnes Gulledge Hendrix.
He was a member of Reedy’s Chapel Baptist Church in Calhoun City. He was a 31-year National Guard veteran, an avid outdoorsman, deer hunter, loved Ole Miss football and serving his country.
Services with full military honors will be at 2 p.m. today at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City with Bro. Chris Duncan and Bro. Gladwin Carpenter officiating. Burial will be in Reedy’s Chapel Cemetery in Calhoun City. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of arrangements.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 9, Chickasaw Journal.
Honorary pallbearers are Mike Gosa, Doug Denton, Shane Cook, Scott West, Scott Ledbetter, David Brower, Joe Cowsert, Joe Cook, Jimmy Coker, David Mitchell, Charles Parker, Jimmy Luther, Kenny Rimmer, Jasper Bumgart, Bill Davis, James H. Easley, Will Clark and retirees from the 223rd Engineer Battalion.
Survivors include his wife, Cheryl Easley Hendrix, Vardaman; four daughters, Niki Hendrix Mask, Pontotoc, Danielle Hendrix (Nathaniel) Dean, Pontotoc, Cricket Bonds, Abbeville, and Kiesha Long (Keith) Goff, Southaven; two sisters, Gail (Joe) Russell, Big Creek, Paula (Richard) Bryant, Pittsboro; two brothers, Scotty (Carol) Hendrix, Leesville, La., Mike (Sussy) Hendrix, Big Creek; and seven grandchildren, Raegan Box, Bryson Dean, Addison Mask, Eli Dean, Skylar Dean, Zoe Dean and Ryan Goff.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Charles Paul and Agnes Gulledge Hendrix.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago