HOUSTON — Sarah Cornelia Smith Brand, 100, died Monday, Dec. 31, 2012, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. She was born Oct. 13, 1912, in Chickasaw County to William David Smith, Jr. and Lorena Lyles Smith.
She was a retired LPN and homemaker, and a member of Houston First Baptist Church where she was a former Sunday school teacher and G.A. leader.
Services are Thursday, Jan. 3, at 11 a.m. at Houston Funeral Home with Rev. Mike Dearman officiating. Burial will follow at Houston Cemetery.
Houston Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 9, Chickasaw Journal.
Survivors include children, Judge W. W. Brand, Jr. and wife, Betty of Houston, Ann Colbert and husband, Thomas of Flowood, and Nancy Montgomery of Gulfport; grandchildren, Betsy Hurst and husband, Michael of Houston, Texas, Dr. W.W. Brand, III and wife, Mindy of Amory, Thomas Colbert, Jr. of Flowood, Marcy Bertling and husband, Buddy of Lompac, Calif., and Dean Montgomery of Gulfport; great-grandchildren, Katie Deakins and husband, Kyle of Casper, WY, Josie , Daniel, and Sarah Grace Bertling of Lompac, Gus, Will and Lee Brand of Amory.
She was preceded in death by her husband, W.W. Brand, Sr., granddaughter, Christy Colbert Butler and son-in-law, Donald Dean Montgomery, parents, and eight siblings.
Pallbearers are her grandsons.
Visitation is from 10 a.m. until service time Thursday at Houston Funeral Home.
Friends and family may sign and leave a message at the online register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago