CEDAR BLUFF – Ralph Hickman “Bubba” Elliott, 60, passed away on Tuesday, Dec. 25, 2012, at his home, in Cedar Bluff. He was born June 9, 1952, in Clay County to Birdie Ruth Reid and Ralph H. Elliott Sr. He was the owner of Elliott Trucking, contracted with FedEx Ground for over 20 years. He was a member of the Christian Church. He married Susan Marie Jordan Elliott on Jan. 30, 1972, in West Point.
Family funeral services were held with the Rev. Charlie Simmons officiating. Burial was in Greenwood Cemetery in West Point. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point was in charge of arrangements.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 2, Chickasaw Journal.
Survivors include his wife, Susan Marie Jordan Elliott of Cedar Bluff; his daughter, Allison Elliott Sackett (Darren) of Huntsville, Ala.; his son, Justin Elliott (Jamie) of Starkville; four grandchildren, Ella Elliott, Wilson Elliott, Mattie Sackett and Kinsey Sackett; one sister, Kitty Elliott Murks (Wayne) of Covington, La.; his uncle, Edmond B. “Uncle Bubba” Reid of Cedar Bluff.
Pallbearers were David Norris, John Elliott, Terry Scott, Oliver Wright, Mike Dexter and Johnny Byrd.
Honorary pallbearers were Carl Bryan, Eddie Scott, Lewis Stafford, Kenneth Byrd, Les Pollard and Gary Dedeaux.
Memorials may be made to T.K. Martin Center for Technology and Disability, P.O. Box 9736, Mississippi State, MS 39762.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago