BLUE SPRINGS – Marie Annette McKinney-Williams, 47, died Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. A native of Tupelo, she was the daughter of Bettie Jean McKinney and the late Curtis McKinney Sr. She was a 1984 graduate of Saltillo High School and a former teacher, advisor and assistant director at Wilson Riles Preschool Coordinating Council in Pittsburg, Calif. She also worked with children at L.I.F.T. Inc. in Tupelo. She was a member of Hopewell MB Church in Belden where she was past Sunday School teacher and Wednesday night youth teacher.
Celebration of life services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Red Hill MB Church in Blue Springs. The Rev. Curtis McKinney, Jr. will deliver the eulogy. Burial will be in Red Hill Community Cemetery. Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 2, Chickasaw Journal.
She is survived by her husband, Bobby Joe Williams of Blue Springs; her mother, Bettie Jean McKinney of Tupelo; two foster children; four sisters, Angela (Charles) Glasper, Dorothy McKinney (finace’ Craig) and Andrea (Lawrence) Webster, all of Antioch, Calif., and Prenita McKinney of Tupelo; three sons, the Rev. Curtis (Melanie) McKinney Jr. of Tupelo, Tresher (Lue) McKinney of Okolona and Arlandors (Penelope) McKinney of Guntown; and her mother-in-law, Annie Pearl Northington of Tupelo.
She was preceded in death by her father; and nephew, Jonathan LaNorris McKinney.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago