MANTEE – John Allen Crowley, 75, died Friday, Dec. 28, 2012, at his home. He was born May 6, 1937, in Lee County to Dewey O. Crowley and Myrtle Zethel Henley Crowley.
He retired after 53 years in the furniture industry. He was member and deacon of the Pine Bluff Baptist Church in Mantee.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Houston with Bro. J.R. Eaton officiating. Burial will be in the Pine Bluff Cemetery in Mantee. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 2, Chickasaw Journal.
He is survived by his wife, Sylvia Forrester Crowley of Mantee; one daughter, Melissa Dawn Hudgins (Michael) of Tupelo; two granddaughters, Sabrina and Savannah Hudgins of Tupelo, and one grandson, Tyler Hudgins of Pontotoc; one brother, Hugh Paul Crowley of Cumberland; two sisters, Peggy Murphee and Ruth Yarbrough of Cumberland.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a sister, Polly Sue Nichols; and a brother, James Carlton Crowley.
Pallbearers will be Tyler Hudgins, Donald Moore, Mike Crowley, Ronnie Crowley, Vic Nichols and Eddie Tabb Murphee.
Visitation will be from 5 until 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to the Pine Bluff Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, c/o Betty McNeel, 7999 Colony Road, Pheba, MS 39755.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago