MANTEE – John Allen Crowley, 75, died Friday, Dec. 28, 2012, at his home. He was born May 6, 1937, in Lee County to Dewey O. Crowley and Myrtle Zethel Henley Crowley.
He retired after 53 years in the furniture industry. He was member and deacon of the Pine Bluff Baptist Church in Mantee.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Houston with Bro. J.R. Eaton officiating. Burial will be in the Pine Bluff Cemetery in Mantee. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 2, Chickasaw Journal.
He is survived by his wife, Sylvia Forrester Crowley of Mantee; one daughter, Melissa Dawn Hudgins (Michael) of Tupelo; two granddaughters, Sabrina and Savannah Hudgins of Tupelo, and one grandson, Tyler Hudgins of Pontotoc; one brother, Hugh Paul Crowley of Cumberland; two sisters, Peggy Murphee and Ruth Yarbrough of Cumberland.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a sister, Polly Sue Nichols; and a brother, James Carlton Crowley.
Pallbearers will be Tyler Hudgins, Donald Moore, Mike Crowley, Ronnie Crowley, Vic Nichols and Eddie Tabb Murphee.
Visitation will be from 5 until 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to the Pine Bluff Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, c/o Betty McNeel, 7999 Colony Road, Pheba, MS 39755.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago