Hilltoppers fall to Blue Devils
Booneville’s run-and-gun is a new look. Coach Michael Smith said it was an effort to get his offense rolling.
“We just felt like with the kind of kids we had, we needed to,” Smith said. “It was not perfect by any means, but I felt like it at least got us loose.”
Geno had 16 points and 15 rebounds, including a pair of thunderous putback slams. Jack Nichols had 19.
By the time Jordan Miller raced the length of the court for a lay-in just before the half, the Blue Devils led 49-19.
Houston (9-3) played without starting point guard Chris Thorton but fell behind early. Booneville scored the game’s first six points.
“I didn’t get the effort I’ve been getting all year, weren’t ready to play tonight,” Houston coach Bruce Franks said.
“We played a good ballclub. They were fast, played better as a team and wanted it much, much more than we did.”
The game took less than 90 minutes. The teams combined for only 15 free throws.
Jones had 14 points for Houston, Anquan Russell 13. Jones had a stout dunk of his own but was called for a charge against Geno. Jones scored the next four but Booneville used a 15-2 run in the second quarter to take a 33-9 lead on a pair of free throws from Geno.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago