SHANNON – Katherine Smith Foster, 87, died on Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born on June 25, 1925, in Chickasaw County to Edd and Fisher Smith.
She attended school at Mary Holmes Junior College in West Point, where she graduated from high school. She married George Foster on Oct. 1,1946, and they were together until his death in 1984. She found Christ at an early age and was baptized at High Chapel CME Church in Shannon. Later she joined Johnson Chapel, where she was a devoted member until her death. Her grandchildren were the light of her life.
She is survived by her children, Gloria Jean Cheeks of Chicago, Ill., Vernola (Tom Henry) Lyles and Theodis (Jerlena) Foster of Shannon, Raeliasha Anderson of Dallas, Texas; three brothers, Ozzie (Juanita) Smith of Cleveland, Ohio, George Larry (Lillian) Spragin of Shannon and Jesse Smith of Kalamazoo, Mich.; three sisters-in-law, Mildred Smith of Grand Rapids, Betty Spragin of Cleveland, Ohio, and Annie Foster of Shannon; two brothers-in-law, Roberts (Luverta) Foster and Harry Foster of Shannon; a cousin, Kay Smith of Houston, Texas; and her grandchildren, Vanessa Sanders, Daven and Daniel Sanders, and DaKoda Ky’Mani Foster.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 28, at Johnson Chapel M.B. Church with the Rev. Marvin McWhorter officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. N.L. Jones Funeral Directors is in charge of the arrangements.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago