Free alcohol and drug rehabilitation assistance is offered at Faith Outreach Church, with meetings held at 7 p.m. each Monday and Thursday.
For more details contact counselor Danny Owen at 610-5578.
Faith Outreach is located at 272 McDonald Street (Highway 41 North) in Okolona and is led by Pastor Jimmy Bryan who can be reached at 447-3080.
Friends of the Houston Carnegie Library
Friends of the Houston Carnegie Library meets the first Tuesday of each month at 5 p.m. in the meeting room at the library. All are invited to attend. For information, contact Elizabeth Rish at email@example.com.
The Carnegie Café book club
The Carnegie Café book club meets the first Wednesday of each month at noon at the Houston Carnegie Library. Bring a sack lunch and join in the discussion. For information, contact Cara Chisolm at 456-3881.
Adult Game Night
Adult Game Night at First United Methodist Family Life Center is the fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 pm. Bring a snack and friends and join in playing cards, dominoes and board games. For information, call Betty Brown at 567-2669.
CrossRoads Youth Center
CrossRoads Youth Center in Houlka is open on Saturday nights from 5-10 p.m. and the non-profit organization is dedicated to providing a safe haven for clean entertainment for youth of all ages. Concessions are available and Christian entertainers and speakers are sought to share their experiences with local youth. For information about sharing a ministry or more about the Center, call 568-2403.
Breast cancer support group
Breast cancer support group meets at Excel in Okolona, 280 Main Street, the second Saturday or each month from 11 a.m. until noon.
Trace Regional Auxiliary
Trace Regional Hospital Auxiliary meets the first Tuesday of each month at 9:30 a.m. in the conference room at Floy Dyer Nursing Home in Houston.
American Legion meets the first Thursday of every month at the National Guard Armory in Houston.
VFW meets the second Thursday of each month at the VFW building on Hwy. 15 South..
Pilot Club of Houston
The Pilot Club of Houston meets the first Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. in rotating locations. The goal of the Pilot Club of Houston is to promote community service. Pilot International Foundation is recognized world-wide as a foundation of community service, “Protecting Your Brain for Life,” through a variety of brain-related programs. Pilot Club of Houston has added the Alzheimer’s Association to their list of projects to advance research and provide education and support for patients and families. For more information, contact any member of the Houston Pilot Club.
Emmaeus Gathering meets every third Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center in Houston. Potluck meal will be served. All are invited to attend.
Narcotics Anonymous will be held every Thursday at 7 p.m. at the Excel Center in Okolona. For information, call Excel at 447-3008 or 447-2040.
Chickasaw Dulcimer Group
Chickasaw Dulcimer Group meets the first and third Thursday of each month at the Houston Presbyterian Church on Washington Street at 6 p.m. Dulcimer players or those interested in learning are welcome. For information, call 871-0222, 448-6151 or 456-3937.
Historical, Genealogical Society
The Chickasaw County Historical and Genealogical Society meet each third Thursday night at the old County Extension building at 731 West Church Street, west of Eaton Automotive in Houston at 7 pm. All are invited to attend.
New Century Club
The New Century Club Breast Cancer Support Group meets the third Monday night of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the old fellowship hall at First United Methodist Church in Houston. For information, contact Deanna Uhiren at 456-5507.
Sisters Network Tupelo Chapter
Sisters Network Tupelo Chapter meets the first Monday of each month from 6:30-7:30 p.m. for African American breast cancer survivors. The meeting is at the Link Centre, 1800 W, Main St., Tupelo. Ladies not on Medicare or Medicaid, or those without insurance that will cover mammograms, may qualify for a free mammogram. Contact Edna Ware at 662-842-3440.
To list your community event in the calendar e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 662-456-3771.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago