MANTEE – Mary Nell Davis Davison, 92, died Saturday, Dec. 22, 2012, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 31, 1920, in Chickasaw County to Joseph Wesley “Jodie” Davis and Lois Kimbell Davis. She was a retired homemaker, retail sales clerk and a deputy clerk for the Webster County Sheriff’s Department. She enjoyed her church as long as she was able to attend. She enjoyed her family, especially her grandsons. In her later years, she enjoyed traveling with her daughter and son-in-law.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Houston Funeral Home with the Rev. William Carpenter officiating. Burial will be in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Mantee. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her daughter, Mackie and Billy Willis of Mantee; her grandsons, David and Stacy Marie Willis of Ellijay, Ga.; Dr. Danny Willis of Boston, Mass.; and her many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Adolphus D. “Dave” Davison on June 8, 2007; her daughter, Mary Dolph Davison; her sister, Bonnie Henley; and her brothers, Bryant T. Davis and Ross K. Davis.
Pallbearers are her nephews, Kim Davis, Billy Wilemon, Drew Pruitt, Greg Hunter, Mike Davis, and Toby Davis.
Honorary pallbearers are her Church Family.
Visitation will be from noon until 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Mantee Baptist Church Building Fund, P.O. Box 161, 1151 Main St., Mantee, MS 39751, to Mt. Pleasant Cemetery Fund, Mantee, MS 39751; or to Sanctuary Hospice House, P.O. Box 2177, Tupelo, MS 38803.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Dec. 26 Chickasaw Journal.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago