HOUSTON – Winnie Celestine “Tootsie” Sansing Weaver, 87, died Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. She was born July 26, 1925, in Houlka to Clealon Sansing and Verla Alene Hinton Sansing. She was a retired seamstress for Shannon Chair Company, a member of Woodland Baptist Church, and attended Macedonia United Methodist Church while she was able.
Services will be at 11 a.m. today at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Steve Lampkin officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Woodland. Houston Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her daughter, Judy K. (Russell) Butler of Amory; her son, Jerry Edwin (Donna) Weaver of Houston; her half-brother, Joe Wade Sansing of Houlka; her grandchildren, Troy Alan (Stacy) Weaver of Starkville, Michelle Dawn (William) George of Amory and Angela Kay (Eric) Swan of Amory; her great-grandchildren, Matthew Charles Weaver, Addison Grace Weaver, Noah Daniel Swan, Madison Aleric “Ali” Swan, Evan Reid George, Carys Elizabeth George; and her step great-grandchildren, Anna Beth Robertson and Andrew Robertson.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Claude Edwin Weaver; her parents; her step-mother, Annie Eloise Bryant Sansing; her infant daughter, Verla Claudine Weaver; her infant great-granddaughter, Bella Katherine George; her sisters, Quida Bell Maharrey, Madine McWhirter; her half-brothers, Bobby Ray Sansing, Luther Dallas Sansing, James Clealon Sansing, and William Glen Sansing.
Pallbearers will be Troy Weaver, William George, Eric Swan, Noel McWhirter, Sam McWhirter and Van McWhirter.
Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. until service time today at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Palmer Home for Children, P.O. Box 746, Columbus, MS 39703.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Dec. 26, Chickasaw Journal.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago