Betty Jo Sanderson
WEST POINT – Betty Jo “B.J.” Sanderson, 73, passed away on Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born Nov. 30, 1939, in Houston to Maynette Neal and James Horace Smith. She worked for the City of West Point Housing Authority and later retired from Diversified Property Management, where she managed apartments. She was a member of Lone Oak Baptist Church. She married Doyan Joe Sanderson on Aug. 30, 1968, in Houston and he preceded her on Aug. 6, 1985.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with Dr. James Towery officiating. Burial will follow in Memorial Garden Cemetery in West Point. Calvert Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her stepson, James Renn Sanderson (Marsha) of Atoka, Tenn.; one stepgranddaughter, Chancy Walker (Kevin) of Atoka, Tenn.; two stepgreat-grandchildren, Tucker and Kristen Walker, both of Atoka, Tenn.; her sister, Gail S. Rhea (Glen) of West Point; her brothers, Jerry D. Smith of Memphis, Larry N. Smith (Ruth) and Jimmy D. Smith (Jamie), both of Houston; a number of nieces and nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
In addition to her parents and husband, she was predeced in death by her nephew, Ricky Smith.
Pallbearers will be Keith Smith, Jeffery Chaney, Larry Smith Jr., and Joey Wright.
Honorary pallbearers will be Mr. and Mrs. James I. Rhea, Linda Fulgham, and her friends at the Henry Clay Retirement Community.
Memorials may be made to Sanctuary Hospice House, P. O. Box 2177, Tupelo, MS 38803 or to the Henry Clay Retirement Community, 133 Commerce St., West Point, MS 39773.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Friday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Dec. 26, Chickasaw Journal.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago