WOODLAND – Lillian West Hill, 93, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 9, 2012. She was born Dec. 10, 1918, in Calhoun County to Albert and Pearl West.
She was the last of five children. She was a devoted member of Pleasant Grove Baptist Church. She loved her church, music and her Wednesday afternoon card game with Flo Ellison, Opal Gordon and many of the Atlanta community where she had lived in the same house since 1953.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church with Bro. Patrick Collins officiating. Burial will be at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her children, David Hill (Jan) and Bobby Hill (Virginia), all of Woodland, and Jimmy Hill (Mary) and Rebecca Hicks (Cleve), all of Fort Walton Beach, Fla.; 10 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and three great-great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 38 years, Lonnie B. Hill, on June 29, 1991; her son and daughter-in-law, Charles and Donna Odom; a grandson, Mike Odom; her parents; one great-grandson, Parker McCool; two brothers; and two sisters.
Pallbearers will be Chuck Odom, Adam Chandler, Danny Ellison, Jimmy Ellison, Bud Gordon and Hewelett Springer.
Honorary pallbearers will be James Lee Ellison, Dany McKittrick, Pat McKittrick, Jim Helveston, Kenneth Burns, Jerry McCool, Dereck White, Joseph Graves and Carl Neal. Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church. Donations can be made to Pleasant Grove Baptist Church.
For online condolences visit, www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Dec. 12, Chickasaw Journal.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago