Holland “Buddy” Rogers, Jr.
BIG CREEK – Holland “Buddy” Rogers Jr., 66, died Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012, at his home. He was born Oct. 2, 1946, in Calhoun County.
He was the owner of B&B One Stop in Grenada and a member of Shiloh Baptist Church. He was a veteran of the National Guard.
Services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Shiloh Baptist Church at Big Creek. The Rev. Joe Russell and the Rev. Robert Earl Alexander officiating. Burial was in Shiloh Cemetery at Big Creek. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Judy Haire Rogers of Big Creek; two daughters, Chance Rogers of Grenada and Teresa (Rick) Batton of Weatherford, Texas; one son, John Nabors of Grenada; sisters,Wanda (James) Black of Houston and Brenda (Ronald) Harville of Big Creek; brothers, Billy (Brenda) Rogers and David (Cynthia) Rogers, all of Big Creek; a special sister-in-law, Yvonne Rogers; a special brother-in-law, Jerry Haire; nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Jeff Holland Rogers and Louise Caulder Rogers; and a brother, John Sidney Rogers.
Pallbearers were Johnny Rogers Jr., Scott Rogers, Ronnie Rogers, D.J. Rogers, Jason Rogers, Rod Wells, Stanly Caulder and Tim Cardwell. Honorary pallbearers will be Charles Parker, Jerry Ward, Jerry Dunkelacker, Chris Terry and Jerry Haire.
The body will was placed in repose at the church one hour prior to service time.
Online condolences can be left at pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago