HOUSTON — Sarah Cornelia Smith Brand, 100, died Monday, Dec. 31, 2012, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. She was born Oct. 13, 1912, in Chickasaw County to William David Smith, Jr. and Lorena Lyles Smith. She was a retired LPN and homemaker, and a member of Houston First Baptist Church where she was a […]
Archive | December, 2012
The late William Joseph Allison and Margaret Donna Hitzeman of Thorn are pleased to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Theresa Ann Baird-Allison of Thorn, to Marcus Duane Coleman of Thorn, son of Billy Joe Coleman of Hamilton and Gladys Rachel McGee of Thorn. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late […]
Owner: Chris C. Turner Location: 216 Walker Street, Houlka Phone: (662) 451-8196. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday or by appointment. Chris Turner doesn’t sell insurance, he serves customers. Turner began his business in Houlka in 2007 but has been working in the field of insurance since 2000. “My great-grandfather actually […]
History buffs will tell you that to know where you are going, you have to know where you’ve been. We hope this week between Christmas and the start of 2013 will give everyone pause to reflect on the good and bad of 2012 and make the appropriate changes as the new year breaks. We’ll talk […]
Tanglefoot Trail has made it to Houston. A story on Page One of today’s Chickasaw Journal points out the 44-mile trail from Houston to New Albany has been graded and is awaiting the asphalt topping that will finalize the first phase of this historic project. The concept for Tanglefoot Trail was developed years ago by […]
HOUSTON – Joseph Jennings, 60, died Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born to Vernon Jennings and Eva Lamb Jennings in Sparta. He worked over 30 years at Franklin Corp. He was a member of Amity Baptist Church where he sang in the choir and was a member of the […]
EUPORA – William Givhan Waugh, 83, died Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. Services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Wise Funeral Home Chapel in Eupora. Interment was in White Hill Cemetery. Visitation was from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
CALHOUN CITY – Ellen Marie Nelms, 77, died Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home. Graveside services were at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012, at Spring Hill Cemetery in Calhoun City. Online condolences can be left at pryorfuneralhome.com. An obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Jan. 2, Chickasaw Journal.
EUPORA – Loy W. Gammel, 88, died Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. Services are at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Oliver Funeral Home Chapel with burial in the Webster Memorial Garden Cemetery in Webster County.
Girls (G) Calhoun City 56, Eupora 36 (G) S.V. Marshall 44, Alcorn Central 39 (G) Nettleton 51, Booneville 45 (G) Belmont 61, Clements (Ala.) 47 (G) Hardin Co. (Tenn.) 41, Kossuth 31 (G) New Site 56, Center Hill 35 (G) Pontotoc 63,Olive Branch 47 (G) Tupelo 65, Prentiss 47 BOYS (B) Calhoun City 64, […]
HOUSTON – The City of Houston saw sale tax revenue at record numbers last year and is holding its own as the calendar year winds down. “For whatever reason we had a banner year in 2011 and we look to be on course with similar numbers this year,” said Houston City Clerk, Bobby Sanderson. “When […]
BLUE SPRINGS – Marie Annette McKinney-Williams, 47, died Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. A native of Tupelo, she was the daughter of Bettie Jean McKinney and the late Curtis McKinney Sr. She was a 1984 graduate of Saltillo High School and a former teacher, advisor and assistant director at […]
CEDAR BLUFF – Ralph Hickman “Bubba” Elliott, 60, passed away on Tuesday, Dec. 25, 2012, at his home, in Cedar Bluff. He was born June 9, 1952, in Clay County to Birdie Ruth Reid and Ralph H. Elliott Sr. He was the owner of Elliott Trucking, contracted with FedEx Ground for over 20 years. He […]
GIRLS (G) New Site 65, Pontotoc 57 (G) Center Hill 43, Ripley 39 (G) Calhoun City 58, Lake Cormorant 39 (G) East Webster 53, Marshall Academy 37 (G) Kossuth 52, Tishomingo Co. 44 (G) New Albany 72,Coffeeville 60 (G) Mooreville 54, Houlka 37 (G) Pine Grove 59, Saltillo 48 (G) Shannon 75, Baldwyn 65 BOYS […]
- FSA disaster applications available March 4, 2014
- Virginia Dopson March 6, 2014
- Player of the Week March 6, 2014
- Man convicted of killing cyclist dies in prison March 6, 2014
- The sports cycle March 6, 2014
- Lottie Perry March 10, 2014
- In the bleachers March 10, 2014
- Circuit Court verdict rendered in Okolona March 10, 2014
- Big Bass! March 8, 2014
- Spring forward! March 8, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 9 months ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 9 months ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 9 months ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 9 months ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 9 months ago