Obituaries, Sept. 12, 2012
AMORY – Dottie Sue Knight Bennett, 76, died Monday, Sept. 4, 2012, at Golden Living Nursing Center in Amory. Born Sept. 19, 1935, in Alabama, she was a daughter of the late Arnie Oliver and Susie Knight.
She married James Calvin Bennett in 1951; he died in 1991. A woman of faith, she was a member of the East Amory Missionary Baptist Church. She enjoyed making and painting ceramics and shopping. Before her retirement, she worked at Amory Garment Co. and TPI Furniture and had worked in the gift shop at the Gilmore Memorial Hospital.
A celebration of life service was at 10 a.m. Sept. 8 at the E.E. Pickle Funeral Home Chapel in Amory with Bro. Byron Harris officiating. Burial was in the Pearce Chapel Cemetery.
Survivors include two daughters, Shelby McGarrh (Darrell) of Hatley and Sharon Harris (Jeff) of West Point; one son, Danny Bennett (Carrie Tucker) of Amory; one sister, Clara Mae King of Amory; 10 grandchildren, Brent Harris, Bradley Harris, Byron Harris, Stephen Bennett, Michael Scott Bennett, James Allen Bennett, Desiree’ Bennett, Brandon Hendrix, Jason Hendrix and Kristy Whitaker; and 12 great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one daughter, Karen Jo Bennett; and one son, Donny Bennett.
Pallbearers were Brent Harris, Bradley Harris, Stephen Bennett, Michael Scott Bennett, James Allen Bennett, Brandon Hendrix and Jason Hendrix.
Memories and condolences may be shared at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
Pensacola, Fla. – Sandra K. Tucker, 47, died on September 4, 2012, in Pensacola. She was born in Waukegan, Ill., and a homemaker.
A memorial service will be announced at a later date. E.E. Pickle Funeral Home is assisting the family locally.
Survivors include her children, Michael Stanford and Eric Mejia both of Pensacola; father, Harold Tucker of Hatley; one brother, Kenny Tucker (Lesia) of Hatley; grandchildren, Haley, Hilary, Zack, and Brayden; nieces and nephews, Haley Parker, Jason Gordon, Betsy Tucker, Leann Tucker, Austin Imel, and Trevor Tucker and her fiancé, Freddy Walker, Sr.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Annie Gray Lockhart; and one brother, Keith Tucker.
AMORY – Jerry Wayne Edlemon, 64, U.S. Army Vietnam veteran, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012, at the V.A. Hospital in Memphis.
A celebration of life service for family and friends will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012 at residence, 10082 Prairie Road, Aberdeen, MS 39730.
He is survived by his wife, Sandra Bagwell Edlemon of Amory; son, Kerry Wayne Edlemon (Amy) of Seattle, Wash.; two grandchildren, Clarabel and Francis of Seattle, Wash.; one sister, Judy Edlemon McCarty of Memphis, Tenn.; two brothers, Michael Edlemon of Tupelo and Jackie Edlemon of Tupelo; three nieces; and three nephews.
You can sign the register and send condolences online at www.tisdalelann memorial.com.
WREN – Waymon Gaines, 78, died Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2012, at Community Hospice at Darlington Oaks. He was born in LaPanto, Ark., on Feb. 15, 1934, to Howard McGrew and Emily Lucille Parchman Gaines. He loved fishing, playing cards, his animals and spending time with his family.
Services were at 11 a.m.Sept. 8 at The Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues with Bro. Blake McCain officiating. Burial was in Verona City Cemetery.
Survivors include one daughter, Angela Phillips (David) of Wren; three grandsons, Chase Gaines (fiancée, Lucian), Cody Phillips and Cole Phillips, all of Wren; one stepson, David Newell (Becky) of Mooreville; two sisters, Doris Causey of Verona and Lois Seymore (Robert) of Shannon; four brothers, James Gaines of Verona, Glen Gaines of Tupelo, Larry Gaines (Mary) of Odenville, Ala., and Richard Gaines (Marilyn) of Pulaski, Tenn.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, Rachael Moore Gaines; two sisters, Nadine Clardy and Shirley Mauldin; and two brothers, Billy Gaines and Milton Gaines.
Pallbearers were Phillip Harmon, Terry Sellers, Cody Phillips, Cole Phillips, Todd Bates and Scott White.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors, P.O. Box 1488, Tupelo, MS 38802.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
AMORY – William “Bill” McKinney, 88, died on Sunday, Sept. 9, 2012, at the Mississippi State Veterans’ Home in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by E.E. Pickle Funeral Home of Amory.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago