Obituaries, Oct. 3, 2012
WREN – Ronald Cole Archer, 62, died on Thursday, Sept. 27, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Born on June 30, 1950, in Amory, he was a son of the late J.C. and Lorine Williams Archer. He married Doris Pierce on Aug. 15, 1975. He attended Amory School. He retired from Kerr McGee as a maintenance supervisor with 38 years of service. He was a member and chairman of the board of trustees at Grady’s Chapel United Methodist Church and caretaker of Pisgah Cemetery in Wren. He was a man often referred to as having the desire to always help others. Being strong in his faith, he was known by always putting his faith to work by actively serving his church and community. He was a member of the Wren Volunteer Fire Department and J.A. Mayfield Masonic Lodge 165. He was also a Shriner. He enjoyed boat riding and skiing with his family, working on his stuff and visiting with friends.
He is survived by his wife, Doris Archer; daughter, Kerry Archer of Wren; son, Cole Archer of Biloxi; sister-in-law, Marcia Archer of Wren; brothers, Kenneth (Candy) Archer of Wren, and Walter (Patricia) Archer of Houston; a grandson, Matthew Reed Archer; an aunt, Minrose Ramseur; and a host of nieces and nephews.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a brother, James Archer.
A celebration of life service was at 2 p.m. Sept. 29 at E.E. Pickle Funeral Home with Bro. Harrison Upshaw and Bro. Tom Sheffield officiating. Burial with Masonic Rites followed in Haughton Memorial Park.
Pallbearers were members of the Wren Volunteer Fire Department. Honorary pallbearers were Dennis Barnette, Buzzy Cullum, Bailey Haney, James Whitehead, Randy Motes, J.W. Sprayberry, Darren Beasley, Dave Ferrell, Bobby Warren and Hob Sanderson III.
Memorials may be given to Grady’s Chapel United Methodist Church, 22515 Hwy. 45 North, Aberdeen, MS 39730.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
ABERDEEN – George Willie “Bo Peep” Poe, 70, died Sunday, Sept. 23, 2012, at the Care Center of Aberdeen. He was a brick mason for many years and a member of Ebernezer M.B. Church.
Services were on Sept. 29 at Belle Memorial Funeral Chapel in Aberdeen. Pastor David James officiated. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen was in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his mother, Amanda Poe; two daughters, Elaine Poe of Houston, Texas, and Mary Kate Poe of Norfolk, Va.; five brothers, Herron Poe, James Poe, Arthur Ray Poe, Peter Poe of Knoxville, Tenn., and Leroy (Shirley) Poe of Amory; and three sisters, Carrie Bell (Willie) McMillian, Berniece Poe and Dorothy (Willie) Robertson, all of Aberdeen.
He was preceded in death by father, Glenzy Poe Sr.; a son, George Willie Poe Jr.; and a brother, Glenzy Poe Jr.
WREN – Ada Mae Crawford White, 87, died Monday, Sept. 24, 2012, at Darlington Oaks Community Nursing Facility in Verona. She was born Oct. 20, 1924, to Tommy Crawford and Armendi Cook Crawford. She completed her education at the Gordon School System in Wren. She was a member of New Prospect M.B. Church, where she was the Mother of the Church and a member of the choir. She was self-employed, a seamstress by trade, and a super cook. She enjoyed working in her garden and flowers, and she loved her church, children and grand-children.
A celebration of life service was at noon on Sept. 29 at New Prospect M.B. Church in Nettleton with the Rev. George R. Taylor officiating. Burial followed in the New Prospect Cemetery. Darden and Sons Funeral Home of Amory was in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include two daughters, Dorothy White Hawkins and Geraldine McIntosh of Okolona; 10 grandchildren, 15 great-grandchildren and four great-great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces, nephews and cousins.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Eugene White; two sons, Willie White and Tommie White; and one daughter, Evelyn “Sally” White Shumpert.
WREN – Pauline Frederick Powers, 73, died on Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2012, at the Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus. Born Feb. 15, 1939, she was a daughter of A.C. and Jettie Myers Frederick. She married Gilbert Powers in 1975. A graduate of Hatley High School, she was self-employed in retail until her retirement. A woman of faith, she was a member of the Bigbee Baptist Church. Her greatest joy was spending time with and providing unselfishly for her family.
A celebration of life service was at 11 a.m. Sept. 29 at the E.E. Pickle Funeral Home Chapel in Amory with Bro. Tommy Whaley officiating. Burial was in the Tranquil Cemetery.
Survivors include her husband, Gilbert Powers of Wren; four sons, Wayne Holloway of Winfield, Ala., Ronnie Wilhite of Wren, Ricky Wilhite of Wren and Tim Chism of Hatley; two sisters, Linda Fowler of Tupelo and Annie McElroy of Arkansas; two brothers, Willis Frederick of Mantachie and William Frederick of Hatley; seven grandchildren, Alan Holloway, Cassy Holloway, Chandler Chism, Lance Wilhite, Lacy Wilhite, Bri Oliver and Courtney Oliver; and three great-grandchildren, Destiny Holloway, Bailey Holloway and Cooper Holloway.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Family and friends served as pallbearers.
Memories and condolences may be expressed at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
Rose Marie Doss
ABERDEEN – Rose Marie Doss died Monday, Sept. 24, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
Services were at 11 a.m. Sept. 29 at Westbrook Memorial Chapel. Burial was in Palo Alto Cemetery. Westbrooks Funeral Home of Aberdeen was in charge of the arrangements.
AMORY – Russell J. Tubb, 78, died at his residence on Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepickle funeralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago